What a weekend. We registered at both BabysRUs and Target on Saturday in the monsoons! That sure was interesting – who knew there were so many kinds of baby bottles. Good lord you could spend a fortune!
We’ve begun work on the bedroom – cleaning it out has proved to be the toughest thing so far. My closet (which is in that room) was a complete mess. We filled 3 lawn and leaf bags of clothing (Mike too) for the Salvation Army. It’s amazing what you collect.
The most interesting find were the goodies inside my mom and dad’s hope chest. I’m assuming it was a wedding gift because it is dated 1960. I found my bronzed baby shoes, baby book, and several cards sent to my parents when I was born. Also, a large bag of crocheted and knit dresses, sweaters, and caps. All of which I’m sure I wore at some point. The best was/is a white blanket w/pink roses, sweater, and cap to match. I’m sure it was made by Granny (my dad’s mother). After leafing through my baby book I found the page where my mom listed all the gifts given to them at my birth. The first one listed is from Granny and says – “white and pink blanket and sweater set.” Too cool! If this baby is in fact a girl, then she will be wearing this set home from the hospital.
Monday, October 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment