Monday, March 2, 2009

March 2009 Update

I was told my our social worker today that Mike and I have been "shown" several times to prospective birthmothers recently, which is a good sign that our key (our very indepth paperwork) is flexible enough. Our DVD has also been shown which means we have gotten very close to being selected! She has shown our profile personally to a few birthmothers and also said we have been shown through some of the other state offices. That is exciting news for us both as we sometimes feel nothing is happening. We constantly get asked how things are going, and we usually don't have an answer. That is as frustrating for us, as it is for you. Unfortunately there just isn't really any "news" until we get selected. And everyone will known just as soon as that happens.

We have officially been in the domestic program for almost 4 months, which is not very long. But we spent a full year in the Vietnam program before. That is making us both a little antsy w/expectation.

So for now, I guess we'll clean out the spare bedroom, paint, and have new carpet laid!

No comments: